Energy Analysis Certificate and the MPA or MIPA
The Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies offers a certificate in Energy Analysis and Policy that may be completed while working on a La Follette School Master of Public Affairs (MPA) or Master of International Public Affairs (MIPA) degree. The Energy Analysis and Policy (EAP) curriculum is an 18-credit masters level curriculum available through any graduate degree granting department, including the La Follette School.
The EAP curriculum prepares students for professional work with governments, utilities, consulting firms, academia, nonprofits, and other organizations concerned with energy issues.
The EAP certificate requirements are consistent with the La Follette School degree requirements. Completing the EAP requirements does not normally require additional semesters beyond the two years required to complete the La Follette program.
MPA or MIPA students complete the La Follette core course requirements and take the 18-credit core course curriculum of the EAP as electives to earn their master's degree and the EAP certificate.
A student may seek admission to the EAP after admission to La Follette up to the end of their first semester at La Follette by requesting an application from the Institute for Environmental Studies. Please contact:
Wisconsin Energy Institute
Schedule a meeting with Scott
- PA 809 Energy Analysis and Policy Seminar Interdisciplinary seminar for the EAP curriculum. Strategy and policy problems in energy policy, both national and international.
- PA 810 Energy Analysis Seminar Interdisciplinary seminar for the EAP curriculum. Quantitative energy content and energy flows as an aid to problem analysis and policy formulation. Example of a group project
- Energy Technology Course-Several course options. Geosci 411 Energy Resources or BSE 376 are recommended.
- Energy, Economics, and Business Course-Several Course options. PA 881 Cost Benefit Analysis counts toward EAP and La Follette requirements.
- Energy Policy Course-Several course options. PA 866 Global Environmental Governance counts toward EAP and La Follette requirements.
- Environmental Studies Course-Several course options. Population Health 740: Health Impacts of Global Environmental Changes is recommended.